- 25-32 hours per week
- Starting Salary $70,000 plus super
- Generous CPD allowance
- Supportive work environment
- Diverse and challenging case load
- Great location – 2 hours to the ocean and ski hills, a few hours drive to Sydney and Melbourne
- Relocation allowance for moving interstate
- Paid Membership fees for those pursuing ECC and training support
Emergency: Where it’s okay to be human
What if not being perfect didn’t have to stop you from practising medicine to the best of your ability?
What if the best answer was always “I’m not sure, but I think I know how to find out?”
What if veterinary medicine was fun again?
Live the highs and lows of supporting the human-animal bond. Be there for people and animals when no one else can. Skip out on the boring bits. NEVER see six consults per hour again. Be the Disney Land dad of the veterinary world!
CVES has a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Intern to join our growing team. Canberra Veterinary Emergency Service is an after-hours service operating weeknights from 6pm to 8am and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays. Our practice is a purpose-built facility that offers state of the art equipment to work up the most difficult of cases and we provide ample support in those difficult cases so you can always bounce ideas off of someone either on the floor or a phone call away.
Canberra is a hidden gem, with an abundant number of things to do all within minutes from your home. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is hiking, camping, mountain bike riding and horse riding available within 30 minutes of your home with skiing and surfing only a short drive away so you can leave your house in the morning, spend the day at the beach or on the ski slopes and still be home for dinner. For the refined, sophisticated person, there are art galleries, theatres and museums. For the family person, there are numerous parklands, kids’ playgrounds, swimming holes and bike tracks. For the socialite, Canberra offers ample nightlife and restaurants and Sydney and Melbourne are a close enough drive to attend concerts or other major events. Canberra is a well thought out, progressive, modern city that is large enough to have that big city feel with all the amenities and shops you would expect yet is small enough that you aren’t stuck in traffic for hours.
We believe you deserve the support you need to try your best. We laugh, we cry, we support each other, and we believe in respect. We’re ABILITY friendly; diversity makes a strong team, (and life interesting!) We think you deserve what you need to do your best:
- Highly skilled, highly supportive support staff
- All the toys to answer interesting questions
- Time to do work you’re proud of
- A curiosity and openness culture
- Mentorship and peer to peer support
- Generous and enthusiastic professional development and continuing education support We believe you can teach anything but attitude, and that NOTHING is more exciting than learning a better way to do things.