- $130k-$150k per year with $20k signing bonus on commencement of employment plus various incentive bonuses
- 25-38 hours per week
- Supportive workplace with great learning opportunities
- Well established fast paced emergency clinic
- Privately owned clinic with highly experienced veterinarians, nurses and administration team
- Relocation allowance available for the right candidate
Join Our Team!
Position available for:
Summary Of Duties
We are looking for a permanent part time Veterinary Manager to join our team at CVES. We are seeking someone that is passionate about patient care, with the ability to provide a high level of veterinary services and impart their skills and knowledge to the vet team.
The Veterinary Manager will provide medical and professional knowledge to educate and encourage employees. They will work alongside management to foster a positive culture at work. They will improve trust with clients and ultimately improve patient outcomes through continued education and implementation of protocols. They will improve client perceptions and aim to increase employee satisfaction via good working conditions, good roster for work/life balance and continuing education within the team thus driving greater business success. They will strive to keep facilities/medications up to date and provide a place to be considered the employer of choice.
- Practice policy
- Overseeing rostering
- Coach, Counsel and support the vet team
- WHS compliance
- Recruitment, training and development
- Performance management
- Running monthly meetings
- Overseeing procedures and routines in all areas of veterinary medicine (medical, surgical, radiographic, pathology, emergency and critical care)
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a hands-on veterinary role
- Significant experience with veterinary hospital equipment, with a natural ability to troubleshoot and perform basic equipment maintenance
- High level of initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Effective time management skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to be client-focused, with a positive attitude; able to negotiate effectively and communicate on all levels with other team members.
- Experience in leadership of small to medium teams
- Experience with Vision, IDEXX, Smartflow (desirable but not essential)
Other Skills or Competencies
We require an experienced veterinarian with proven ability to motivate, lead and teach our team of veterinarians. The successful applicant will be passionate about high quality patient care and communication and possess the drive to lead and build the team to be the best they can be.
For The Successful Candidate
If you are committed to professional development and education of others, and enjoy imparting skills & knowledge to the team, this could be the career advancement you have been looking for.
Our culture is work – life balance, your working hours will be a combination of admin time during the day and rostered shifts working on the floor as well as weekend shifts as required.
A competitive salary will be offered to the suitable applicant, in line with experience and requirements of the role.